Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default New Door Installation Question

On 6/20/2012 6:05 PM, Kate wrote:
I just had a new door and frame installed today. It looks great, except
I am not sure if the door sill (threshold or whatever it is called) is
done right.

It is the metal part that one walks on, or over, when entering the
foyer. It is a bit flexible when one stands on it, and my old sill was
very stable.

Do I need to call the guy back to put some type of support underneath
it? If I don't, could a heavy person standing on it dent it?

If you let it go, over time it will gradually bow in the middle so the
door bottom seal won't be as good as it should be.

I'd say it was a shortcut that shouldn't have been taken and so it
should be fixed.