Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com is offline

Default LED spec for phone line?

Ok, I set up a 2p2t switch that turns off my in-home lines and instead goes to an
RJ11 jack. The telco says I should test this to see if the problem is mine or
theirs. SO far this is SOP.

So then me thinks, why should I have to scramble for a tel set to make a
test? Why not just put an LED there? So I need a 2700 ohn resistor in
series with the LED. I can still plug in the tel set, but the LED will tell
me immediately what is going on as soon as I swich from whole-house to
test-circuit.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm