Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default The creek is drowning you guys--Bill's project update

Swingman wrote:

Only thing I would have done differently, and it can still be done in
ten minutes, it to add two screws to each of the short side stretchers,
into the end grain of the long side stretchers.

Every little bit of added stability adds to the total, and just 16 more
screws won't break the piggy bank.

Thank you, I will add the 16 screws. I guess screws into end grain may
do a lot better than nails into end grain (which, as you know better
than I do, have little holding power).

Maybe I'll add 1 more screw for a pencil holder!

Thirty years from now you will still be using that puppy!

Nope, it's not going to fall apart! I hope I have an opportunity to
prove you correct, or even incorrect! :-)