Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
whoyakidding whoyakidding is offline

Default Crack in air tank

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 23:55:42 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

I have a 30 gallon Dayton tank, about 25 years old. It developed a
crack right next to where a leg is welded on. The tank had the failure
early in it's life at about 5 years old. It's been sitting ever since.
Grainger wants $600 now, I think I paid $200.

Whoa! Replacing a 30 gallon tank is serious business! Surely Gunner
has a premium replacement for $5 that's as good as new and only barely
used by a little old lady from Pasadena. AND he has the inside track
on the roving bands of cullers. Need I say more? You'll have your new
tank by the end of the year FOR SURE. I'm picturing several scruffy
Aholes in the back of a ****box pickup. One of them riding your tank
Major Kong style and another wearing camo face paint and carrying one
of these. http://tinyurl.com/7k2f2ma (don't miss second review) In
exchange for the free transport of the tank the cullers might want to
stay over though. You should bring in a porta potty for them otherwise
they'll use your bathroom which could be troublesome. Or at least get
a good quality plunger ahead of time. If you have any difficulty
locating one of those then start another thread to ask for help with
the mission.