Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default door stops

On Jun 19, 3:38*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
jeff_wisnia wrote:
badgolferman wrote:
What are your favorite kind of door stops? *Do you prefer those that
attaches to the hinge, springs, the rigid ones, the door handle ones,
or floor mounted ones?

This would be for a kitchen door that goes to the yard.

If asking about a door which opens against an adjacent wall at right
angles to its opening I like the "snap in" ball and socket kind with
one piece mounted on the baseboard and the other on the door.

Better to mount the apparatus at the top of the door. Less chance of
snagging something and easier to clean around.

If you must mount a door stop on the bottom of the door, my preference is
for the part that sticks out to be mounted on the door itself, rather than a
baseboard. Again, that makes it a smidgen easier to sweep or vacuum around.

OP, if you're wanting the "door stop" to stop the door from banging
against the wall or other object, I concur with HeyBub..... at the top
of the door or mounted on the door creates the least permanent
obstruction to cleaning.

Alternativley, I like wall mounted "handle stops"...... a bit
industrial looking but never in the way for cleaning.
http://www.handlesets.com/ives-ws406...screws/p537491

Keep the door open, dadiOH's Ives "kick stops" are great.