Posted to rec.woodworking

Default An on topic discussion on gluing!

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 12:54:44 -0400, John Grossbohlin wrote:

Smooth vs. rough surfaces for best glue line strength?

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/te...-glue-surface-

smooth-or-rough?et_mid=562992&rid=3341059

I know this has come up in the past but it's worth repeating.... the
comments section is interesting.

Well, I agree with his comments on smooth is best, but he's wrong when he
says "For hammer veneering, you can use either hot or liquid hide glue."

Liquid hide glue does *not* work. It doesn't dry fast enough and isn't
sticky enough. DAMHIKT.