Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Puzzling Lawm Mower Problem

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 00:38:09 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 15:15:51 -0400,
wrote:

I have replaced the plug, the coil assbly, and have checked the kill
switch.

Anyone have an idea as to what the problem may be ??

Please correct me if Im wrong but I dont see a fuel filter in the parts
list. Does it have a fuel filter?

Not that I'm aware of.

There should be a dip tube in the gas tank, and there is sometimes a
filter on the bottom of it.

No dip tube on a Tecumseh

Here's another thing to try. If you have an old mower with a gas tank,
mount that tank on something next to your mower, run a gas line from
that tank to your carb. If it starts normally, you have a fuel tank or
line clog. If not, it's deeper in the engine.

Another thing, are you getting a spark when that starter is spinning?
They sell spark testers, or just take off the plug wire and hold a
screwdriver in the hole and 1/8 inch from any metal part of the engine.
You should see a spark. If you do, it's a gas problem. If not, it's
electrical.