Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Mark Bass Combo Head, CMD 121H, of 2005

spamtrap1888 wrote in message
On Jun 19, 1:14 am, "N_Cook" wrote:
spamtrap1888 wrote in message

On Jun 18, 8:03 am, "N_Cook" wrote: Hearing it again

I would say its more open looped amp motorboating. Cant
analyse for frequency etc until tomorrow. Needless to say have not been

able
to induce any noise like this.

Further info from the owner
" It's whenever there isn't a signal that the buzz persists. I first

noticed
it when i stopped playing in the middle if a song and i heard this

murmur"

140K MP3 , 5 second file, is (theoretically ) now on/off this host

sitehttp://www.diverse.4mg.com/ampbuzz.htm

(minimal htm page to get round "forbidden" remote linking stuff )

Your search - buzz site:www.diverse.4mg.com/amp- did not match any
documents.

+++++
I've added an underscore version there of

bothhttp://www.diverse.4mg.com/amp_buzz.htm

maybe an oscillogram there later today

Just sounds like something's ungrounded, like when you plug a 1/4 in.
phone plug into a jack, before the ground connection is made.

+++

When I've a bit of time , will add a few more sound snippets to be able to
direct owners to
Any more to add to list of , simulated or actual , faults ?
"static" excessive amp hiss noise
howl-round / squeel
simple mains hum
mains buzz from failure of bridge rectifer
clipped signal
one polarity only of push-pull output
"motorboating" of open-looped amplifier
compression/ lack of compression