Posted to alt.home.repair

Default high temp threadlocker for plastic?

If you don't mind permanant, how about two part epoxy? Sold in auto parts
stores as "JB Weld".

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
The screw that hold my oven door handle on keeps loosening up.

A little loctite holds it fine until I go to 450F or 550F for an hour
or 2-- then it pulls loose. The threads on the plastic are stripped.

I've considered just putting the next bigger screw in it's place, but
if a little goo can cure it, I'd rather go with the goo than try to
locate the perfect, flat headed screw. [the screws are some sort of
low profile, washer headed, coarse threaded critters]

Thanks-
Jim