Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_3_] michael adams[_3_] is offline

Default Wireless Keyboard Q

"Rick Hughes" wrote in message
Not very D-I-Y ... but there are some knowledgeable people here.

I recently bought a Samsung Smart TV - 46ES6800 ......... having struggled using
remote to drive for example Web interface, realise I need to get a wireless keyboard
with built in mouse.

Will any wireless keyboard work ... assume that you use a dongle which plugs into back
of TV, into one of the USB ports.

If anybody can recommend a good Wireless keyboard with mouse ... please do so.

If you Google "Samsung Smart TV - 46ES6800" and "keyboard" there are links
to various forms where this or similar questions or have cropped up
before.

According to various posts the following may or may not be true.

1. If this particular model accepts a keyboard it will state as much in
the manual.

2. Wireless USB ports are often installed simply to pick up data streams
for showing on the TV.

3. Some Samsung models may have this feature but not all do.
If there's a higher price point in this range i.e "similar models"
but costing £100 - £200 more that may be such an additional feature.

4. Samsung have produced dedicated keyboards for some models in the past.

michael adams