Posted to rec.woodworking
Josepi[_23_] Josepi[_23_] is offline

Default Still Smoke?

Deemed chid abuse, here, now. Not sure what the penalty is but it's child
abuse in our legal system.

---------
"Zz Yzx" wrote in message

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 21:11:27 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"
I remember vividly my folks chain smoking. My Mom packed 2 packs of
Chesterfields in Dad's lunch pail every day. When we got in the car,
the routine went: key in ignition, push the cig lighter in, pull a
smoke out of chest pocket, light cig, put car in reverse, and go".
EVERY time. And Dad would sit on the can and spit tobacco bits on the
opposite wall. The worst came after we got a car with air
conditioning and Dad wouldn't let us roll the windows down. I
breathed their second hand smoke from the day I was born until left
for college at 18. I have reason to believe I'm paying for it now.

Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer the day afer Thanksgiving 1990, and
died in January 1991. His dying mantra: "They haven't proven
anything". Mom died from smoking-related cancer in 1994.

Funny thing, my 2 sisters and I have NEVER smoked ONE cigarrette
(aside from second-hand smoke).