Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stanley Schaefer Stanley Schaefer is offline

Default Physics question (boiling in a vacuum)

On Jun 18, 6:33*am, stryped wrote:
I used mineral spirts to clean out my truck ac system. (flush) as well as follwed that with brake cleaner and then dry compressed air. (all I had availabnle)

Question. If any trace mineral spirits were left in the system, will these be boiled off when vacuuming with a vacuum pump?

Eventually the volatiles will go, depends on how good a vacuum you can
pull. Big question is what the stuff left behind when it
evaporated. I recently did my van system, took about 8 hours pumping
before vacuum stabilized, 80 degree weather. I'd used some mineral
spirits for a flush of some of the parts. Hopefully nothing harmful
was left, just a little PAG oil residue.

Stan