Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default Physics question (boiling in a vacuum)

On 18/06/2012 13:33, stryped wrote:
I used mineral spirts to clean out my truck ac system. (flush) as well as follwed that with brake cleaner and then dry compressed air. (all I had availabnle)

Question. If any trace mineral spirits were left in the system, will these be boiled off when vacuuming with a vacuum pump?

Depends on how good your vacuum is, but yes, basically. If you are
concerned that a significant amount might be present in (say) a heat
exchanger you can speed things up by warming it with a hot air gun. Do
you have a gauge on your vacuum pump?