Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Battery Powered Impact Wrench?

"Joe" wrote in message ...

My son has been wanting a battery powered impact wrench (hence the
subject line). He'd prefer one with Li-ion battery pack - this is for
removing lug nuts from his cars, as well as other things.

He has a birthday coming up this weekend, and I'd like to get him one.
Anyone have any specific recommendations - besides to just get a good
pneumatic model (I've tried that route, but he wants portability, as
he does dirt-biking in the wilds of wherever)? I need a heads-up
pretty quick, so I can order it from Amazon, or whoever.

Thanks

I work at a factory with some 90-100 Maintenance Electricians and 90-100
Maintenance Mechanics, many of them have DeWalt drills and impacts, they
seem to hold up well. I have some of the DeWalt 18V XRP tools, when Lithium
batteries came out they made them to fit the 18V tools, probably still do.
DeWalt has impacts in compact versions plus they have a larger 1/2" model
that would probably be what you want for lug nuts. I would recommend the
DeWalt 18V XRP tools because they have a large selection of compatible tools
such as drills, angle drills, grinders, lights, jigsaw, circular saw,
reciprocating saw... There may be others just as good but I like the DeWalt
for their large selection of tools plus nickel or lithium batteries.

http://www.amazon.com/DeWALT-DW059K-...mpact+cordless

Lithium Battery for DeWalt 18V XRP tools:
http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DC9180C...ref=pd_cp_hi_2

RogerN