Posted to rec.woodworking
m II m II is offline

Default Still Smoke?

"the early 60's we were still pretty ignorant on the effects of
smoking"

I hear this baloney all the time! People knew of the health problems of
smoking at the turn of last century. Just like you posted even your
parents knew better from the forties.

I quit in the late 70s and knew it was bad in the 50s when I started.
That why our parents beat us stupid when we got caught.

"RonB" wrote in message

True but peer pressure played a fair role with me starting. During
the early 60's we were still pretty ignorant on the effects of
smoking. TV hero's had cigarettes hanging from their lips and the
Marlboro Man hadn't died of the effects yet. When I started openly
smoking my folks didn't like it but both smoked.

snippage

RonB