Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Puzzling Lawm Mower Problem

On 6/17/12 2:32 PM, wrote:
What I can't understand is what pulling the cord (without starting)
does that the starter motor doesn't ?? The only difference I can see
is that the cord revs the flywheel from the top and the starter motor
revs it from the flywheel teeth below - both in the same clockwise
direction.

Speed?

I can let that starter motor run for at least 5 seconds and it won't
start, and repeat that many times to no avail, but when I just give
one pull on the cord (without starting) the electric start will then
work after only one or two revs.