Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default O/T: Still Smoke?

On Jun 17, 12:19*pm, RonB wrote:
On Jun 17, 12:05*pm, Matt wrote:

On 6/16/2012 10:56 PM, Roy wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 07:36:59 -0700 (PDT), RonB wrote:

On Jun 15, 11:11 pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

Started smoking during the early 1960's when I was about 14. *I quit
about 15-20 years ago but still wonder how much damage I did to
myself.

RonB

Ron, I quit about 14 years ago after 25 years. *I had a heart attack about 4
years ago. *My cardiologist told me I would not have survived it if I had not
quit smoking when I did. *One doctor told me many years ago that the lungs begin
healing as soon as you quit.

Maybe, but I have my doubts. *Quit smoking almost 15 years ago after a
2-pack+ / day habit for 35 years. *I do have emphysema, lungs of an
85-year (will be 69 this week), and it's not getting better, if
anything, worse. *No second-hand smoke to blame it on either.

Matt

That, as I said, is my concern. *Luckily I am married to a very health-
conscious wife who is fighting an unmediated (and so far successful)
fight against genetic high cholesterol. *We eat right and try to walk
3.5 to 6 miles a day with some cycling. *As long as we keep going with
this maybe I can push the effects off for some time.

RonB

Sorry - should have said "un-medicated"