Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default Still Smoke?

On Jun 16, 12:48*pm, Larry Blanchard wrote:

For those of you who do, if you can't quit, at least cut down. *Way
down. *If I can go from a carton a week to one cigar a month, so can
you. *All it takes is motivation.

That is pretty much the way I quit. I didn't really plan it out but I
just stared cutting back. In early days I was at about 2 packs a day
and did that until the last couple of years. Then I decided it was
too much and started pulling back. Then I reached a point were I was
just smoking about 1/2 pack a day. Then days when I didn't smoke at
all or maybe one or two. No firm decision point that I was going to
quit until I rolled down the window one afternoon and pitched a nearly
full pack of smokes out onto the street (Yeah - littering but the best
crime you can commit). After that I will admit to falling off a time
or two by mooching but I have been "clean" for the past 15 years of
so.

Could I really enjoy a cigarette right now? Oh hell yes! But I
won't. But knowing I have quit after years of smoking, and knowing I
would still enjoy a good drag, should be a lesson to those thinking of
starting and believing they can stop at any time.

RonB