Posted to alt.home.repair
Cal Dershowitz Cal Dershowitz is offline

Default bid for texturing ceiling

On 06/12/2012 08:31 PM, gregz wrote:
Ed wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 17:30:02 -0600, Cal Dershowitz
wrote:

If you were gonna bid on and 8-1/2 foot ceiling project where it's just
been firetaped, and they want it finished, textured and painted, and
it's 1800 square foot, what would you say?

How many man hours of work would you say it is? Assume the man to be
skilled, healthy, working off a scaffold, with light.

Thanks for your comment.

I'd say, just paint it. I hate textured ceilings. Only thing worse
is that popcorn crap that we scraped off in our house.

Great first step to a home theater room. Heavy texture, better acoustics.

Greg

sound scattering would be important in this environment.