Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default BBQ Pit

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 20:58:55 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I had seen these sites already. The idea of the pipes came from one of
these sites, can't recall which. A small network of pipes would be made,
welded together to be airtight, and then set in concrete to help transfer
both heat and smoke. It would be easy to make cleanouts, and keep them
clean with a round brush. I mainly want to make it out of block, with
concrete filling all the voids in the blocks, and passageways to be simple,
able to be kept clean, and retain heat.

Steve

I'm not sure that cleaning the pipes with a brush is a good idea. Walk
into some BBQ places in the South and the smell of 'good cooking fills
the place. I've not seen them cleaned or resulting in a fire -- just
smoke flavor.