Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default BBQ Pit

On 06/16/2012 04:46 AM, notbob wrote:

I like the cinder-block pits. No muss, no fuss, no mortar, jes throw
together and start Q'n. I've noticed 2-3 similar no-mortar brick Qs
around here. One is regular old red brick with some refrigerator
shelves. Another is red brick with what appears to be regular
concrete holding it together in a half dome style. This wuz once a
snow-bird trailer park, now turned co-op, so many of these pits go
unused fer years, their owners elsewhere.

That's my outlook, too. Brick BBQ's look neat, but are you really going
to be using it for decade after decade, do you really have that much
space, and are you really going to be using it all the time?

Personally, if I wanted a BBQer, I'd cook up (NPI) an L-style unit and
build a small trailer underneath it. This way it could be used at the
house, it could be moved out of the way in the off-season, and it could
also be moved to any location where it was needed (reunions, gatherings,
etc.).

When you roll up to an event towing a smoker full of meat, you're
everyone's friend.

Jon