Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Anybody Using Plyboo/Bamboo Plywood?

On 6/16/12 2:29 AM, Robatoy wrote:

My only experience with bamboo laminated sheet goods was in the
countertop business. That was, in all fairness, quite a few years ago
(10-12).
The stuff stretched and contracted like a frikkin' Slinky™. A
countertop of just over 9 ft, pulled away from the wall by a solid
1/2" and along the back splash anywhere from 1/4' to 5/8". At that
time, they were all having those types of problems.
I do see them back in showrooms again, so maybe that problem has been
solved. (Unless it is for islands only)
Other than that, I would not dare to fabricate any casework from it. I
would use it to make doors (overlay only) because the stuff is some
pretty. I would leave myself quite a bit of room (gappage).

Thanks for the info, Rob!
Was the stuff you used solid or did it have several plies?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--