Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default O/T: Still Smoke?

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 10:20:14 -0500, Swingman wrote:
But we do know that, after that many years, the danger still lies within.

Yes, but as most people who have quit smoking know, the noticeable
benefits far outweigh the danger that remains.

I quite smoking 33 years ago when I was 25. One day, I just got really
tired of the bad taste in my mouth, the sore throat and the nicotine
smell on my fingers.

Three months after I quit, I tried a cigarette and it tasted terrible.
I've never had the urge to smoke again. People have told me that I
wasn't really addicted then, but those ten years of smoking might
suggest otherwise. In any event, it was one of the smartest things
I've ever done.