Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT data recovery

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 11:59:45 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

On 6/15/2012 11:25 PM, wrote:

Sounds like the Ersin Multicore SN63 that I prefer as well. Mine is
a bit thicker - 22 ga, 0.71mm, or about 0.028 inch.

I've replaced a lot of those caps as well, on motherboards and
monitors. And I've lubricated and repaired many Power supply fans -
even though you can buy replacement power supplies for not much more
than a good fan. I just find the Dell's generally more trouble than
they are worth - compared to the higher end Acers and Lenovos I
generally work with.

I can afford to repair this computer, I can't afford a new one. My
last new computer was bought in 2000, before I was laid off, and put on
disability. Too many repairs are needed around the house to waste money
on another computer. Most of the software I use won't run under Vista,
7 or 8. Some is picky about running under XP.

The 275 watt power supply for the GX620 is a custom form factor for
the SFF case.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270998869964 That is a used
supply, new supplies start at $60.

That's what "off lease" computers are good for. 3 year old Lenovo
Think Centers with Core Duo processors and XP Pro anywhere from $69 to
$100 in the SFF case, About $10 more for ATX form. P4 version SFF for
about $50.
Off lease Acers are a bit harder to come by, and off lease HP and Dell
are everywhere, but I don't bother with them.