Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default JESUS IS LORD!

David in Normandy wrote:

On 16/06/2012 16:34, the_constructor wrote:

We all have to have faith in someone or something, else we wouldn't
survive.

Belief in God is the adult equivalent of believing in Santa. Behave
according to some laid down rules and you will get rewarded with
presents / everlasting life in heaven.

If believing in sky fairies is what it takes for some people to
"survive" or find purpose with their lives then good luck to them. I
just ask they don't try to push their primitive / outdated beliefs down
my throat, like the OP spammer of this thread and those idiot Jehovah's
Witnesses who knock on my door occasionally.

I am open minded in the possibility of a "creator" - in that I still find it
hard to see how evolution by itself could lead to the complexity exhibited
by life on earth.

However, I find it extremely difficult to believe that out of 3 x10^23 stars
in the observable universe (and how many "universes" are there) that:

a) We are unique in being the only star system with high order life;

b) Given a), that we are anything special (at least individually) to whoever
may have created place is an incredible assumption.

c) If the "creator" had meant us to worship him, then he could have done a
better job of turning up and saying "hi" rather than being vague enough so
the world divides itself into bunch of factions...

What I have observed however, is that those who would claim to represent the
creator as a corporate body are invariably corrupt with their own agendas so
I will have nothing to do with them.

--
Tim Watts