Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default Security cams

On 2012-06-16, Dean Hoffman "" wrote:

I want to set up a security cam at an abandoned farmstead. One
that is motion activated and would take a few pictures. It would be
nice if it had wifi and I could transfer the pictures to an Ipod or a
computer. Solar powered would be nice also.
My thought is to put it on a power pole so it can't easily be
stolen. That's one reason I'd like the wifi connection so the pictures
would already be in a safer location.
I've done a bit of searching online but don't have any practical
experience with such things.
Thanks for any advice or comments.

You can buy a digital (get digital, not analog) recorder w/ half doz
cameras for under $500. Another option is to set up an old desktop
box with Linux and use Zoneminder. I'm looking at a guruplug +
zoneminder to set up a server/website so I can monitor my Alzheimers
mom from my cellphone.

http://www.zoneminder.com/
http://plugcomputer.org/plugwiki/index.php/ZoneMinder

nb