Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Anybody Using Plyboo/Bamboo Plywood?

I'm getting ready to build a cabinet and vanity for our bathroom(s)
remodel and was looking at a plywood list from the local supplier. I saw
some sheet products from this company...
http://www.kireiusa.com/

It includes, among many other unorthodox materials, bamboo laminated
plywood and it's all very stunning to look at.
They do some sort of carbonizing coloring process for the bamboo that
produces the same color throughout and it's my understanding that some
of these products do not require any finishing.

I'm very interested in using some of these cool materials and was
wondering if anyone in here has any real, practical experience with it.
Please save the rumors and friend and a friend of a sister-in-law
stories. I'm only interested to heat from people who have hands-on
experience. Thank you.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)