Posted to alt.home.repair
John Raymond John Raymond is offline

Default Load Rating Casters

On 06/15/2012 08:56 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 08:23:17 -0400, John
wrote:

I'm looking to make a dolly for a 1000 lb 3-point mount wood
chipper,using 4 swivel casters.
Do I need 4 1000lb casters or would 4 250lb casters work?

If I was just moving the thing around the shop on a smooth concrete
floor, I'd use (4) 250's. [though I doubt kicking them up to 500 would
break the bank-- and I'd 'weigh' the balance of disaster vs a few
bucks more for 1000lb ones]

If I was going to be using it while it was supported by the casters
I'd probably get 4 2000lb casters.

Jim

I Should have mentioned that this is for in the barn on a smooth
concrete, I want to use it for storage of the chipper. Having it on
casters will make hooking it up and storage easier.
I found some 660lb casters at HF.

--John