Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi multi-tool

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
Same as all multi-tools - it oscillates. If it rotated, it would
simply be a version of a circular saw. An oscillating blade makes it
much safer to use - as there's no tendency to grab or kickback.

Ah. Thanks. When I see multitool I tend to think of a glofied fat Swiss
Army knife crossed with a pair of pliers with the added obscure device
for getting boy scouts out of horses hooves etc.

Yes - it's not a particularly apt name. Things like drills can do more
than one task too, by changing what you fit to them, so no different in
principle.

--
*With her marriage she got a new name and a dress.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.