Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT data recovery

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 20:42:12 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 05:25:04 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

We had a 'puter crash and lost a day's sales records and, more
imprtantly, payroll data.

I'm mounting the HD in a USB portable unit and putting in the freezer,
hoping to get one last spin. If that don't work, are there any other
good ideas? Otherwise, anybody know what a data recovery vendor costs
and any suggested vendor?

Karl

Well, I've tried the freezing with limitted success, and in Guelph
Ontario there is a data recovery service I have used. Recovery Force,
519-750-3169, 350 Speedvale Ave. Price varies with the job - usually
a couple hundred bucks.

HOWEVER - there IS a program you can use to recover data from a drive
from a company called EaseUS. The data recovery wizard is about 70
clams - and it WORKS (or at least it has for me several times). The
drives were not even identified by the computer bios, but when
attached to a R-Drive III USB adapter, the program found all the files
I needed to get off both drives.

GREAT TOOL!!!!

Good tip. I've used their free partition software with excellent
results.

--
Doctors prescribe medicine of which they know little,
to cure diseases of which they know less,