Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Protecting shingle overhang?

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 15:10:00 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

On Jun 14, 1:56*pm, HellT wrote:
On 6/14/2012 1:01 PM, Davej wrote:

On Jun 14, 10:39 am, Jon
wrote:
On 06/14/2012 06:52 AM, Davej wrote:

On the front and back of my garage the shingles overhand the edge of
the roof by a few inches. Is there a standard way to support this edge
so that a ladder can be used without crushing the shingles? Thanks.

You can use a ladder stanoff; ladder-max (
www.buyladder-max.com) is one
choice.

Jon

No, I have a ladder standoff but it is not effective for this because
the shingle edge is already on an overhang of several feet.

The Ladder-Max standoff arms can brace the ladder on the roof, above
the dripline, as shown he

http://stores.homestead.com/LadderMa...mhome/Page.bok

Neat!

Here are a couple of more from Werner. I think I have the one at the top.
I've had it for fifteen years, give or take, and it works very well. I always
use it when painting.