Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Laurav Laurav is offline

Default Motor slowing when electric dryer comes on

On Jun 14, 2:26*pm, Phil Hobbs
wrote:
Could uneven load cause the voltage at the outlet to
change more than voltage at the weatherhead?

Laura

Do any of your lights become _brighter_ when the dryer turns on? *If so,
you may have a problem with the neutral.

Could a problem with the neutral cause voltage fluctuations at an
outlet, that don't appear on the weatherhead?
I have fluorescent lights. Occasionally they flicker off. This
happened on May 27, and it didn't seem to show up on the utility co's
record of my voltage.

If I have a problem with the neutral, would it be inside my house, or
a utility co. problem?

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs