Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Can Coleman Stoves use regular gasoline?

On 2012-06-14, wrote:

Any brass or copper in the generator etc can be dammaged by hooch in
the fuel. The "greenies" are a real mess - caused by water in the
fuel, disolved in hooch.

Gee, ppl been putting alcohol based additives in their tanks to rid it
of water for what? ....decades!?

Mostly a pint or less in 20 gallons. The winter mix in the
northeast has 2 *gallons* in 20, if I remember right.
[anyone that knows the right percentage- please correct me if I'm
wrong]

Like I said, empty the freakin'
tank! Leaving perfectly good gas (no ethanol) will also leave a
varnish that will hose the system.

You're right, there-- the fix is pretty easy.

Jim