Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Laurav Laurav is offline

Default Motor slowing when electric dryer comes on

On Jun 14, 6:59*am, "Dave M" wrote:

Before you go to the trouble and expense of upgrading your service, you need
to focus more on what and where the problem is. *Your original post isn't
clear about where the slowing motor is... is it in the dryer or a different
appliance?

This is actually a followup to an old thread from April/May. It's an
air turbine, it consumes about 2 amps. It's very voltage-sensitive,
once the electrician measured voltage at the outlet when I turned my
electric dryer on, the voltage went down by 2 volts, and the speed
went down noticeably. I just got it put on its own circuit, so I'm
sure the circuit breaker is OK.

So I was thinking of measuring the voltage at the outlet. Is this
reasonably safe?

Could the voltage at the outlet be varying more than the voltage at
the weatherhead? The recording voltmeter was recording voltage at
both sides. Could uneven load cause the voltage at the outlet to
change more than voltage at the weatherhead?

Laura