Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gun Reamer?

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in message

"Randy333" wrote in message
news
How does one use a gun reamer? the end has no lead in chamfer.

Ebay Item number: 200759361238

That's not a gun reamer.

Its not any form of "gun" reamer I am familiar with.

Probably the EBAY poster was just keyword spamming. Its against the TOS,
but ultimately all EBAY cares about is their own pocket.

Usually a barrel chamber reamer is used in conjunction with a set of Go/NoGo
gages. However, some match guns are adjusted a little tighter than that. I
recall watching Mike Scheerz of Gila River Gunworks chambering on his lathe
to match a gun to specific hand loaded cartridge specifications. Shoulder
fit, head space etc... I wish I had studied what he was doing more and shot
the breeze a little less back then.

There are reams used for preparing a shotgun barrel for internal threading
to use interchangeable choke tubes. The ones I have seen do not look
anything like the one in that picture.