Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O T: Can Anyone On Talk Talk Help Please ?

John Williamson wrote:
the_constructor wrote:
Transferring files from one PC to another for a friend whilst he is on
holiday.

Got all files transferred when suddenly realised that I had not
transferred the connection details and too late to get them from old
PC has I had reformatted it and put WinXP on it for someone else.

Can anyone on Talk Talk confirm that I have these details right please ?

Outgoing Mail:- smtp.talktalk.net

Incoming Mail:- mail.talktalk.net

Login is:-

Password:- xxxxxxx

Feel a right burke.

Slaps head D'oh! Mail setup....

http://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/answe...n-outlook-2007

Or, quoted in essence:-

Enter your name as you would like it to appear in emails you send into
the Your Name box and enter and your TalkTalk email address into the
E-Mail Address box.
Select POP3 from the Account Type drop-down list.
Enter mail.talktalk.net into the Incoming mail server box.
Enter smtp.talktalk.net into the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box.
Enter your TalkTalk email address into the User Name box and enter your
password into the Password box. Then click Next.
Note: This is the same email address that you entered in step 6 above.

You seem to have it right.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.