Posted to alt.home.repair
Cal Dershowitz Cal Dershowitz is offline

Default bid for texturing ceiling

On 06/13/2012 01:10 AM, Tegger wrote:
Cal wrote in
m:

On 06/12/2012 06:50 PM, Tegger wrote:

I'd say that translates to about 42', or 14 yards, on a side...

Sides don't matter on a ceiling.

42 x 42 = 1764 sq ft.

I was trying to get an idea of the size of the area to be covered.

I see. That's a good way to get a feel for it.

You need a scaffold and light for an 8-1/2' ceiling?

Yeah, and I'm 6' 7".

Then you don't need a scaffold, you need a hard-hat, so you don't bonk your
head on the doorways.

It's great to be tall for high work, but if you think about it, you
might understand why a lid compounds my trouble. I lot of doorways are
roughed in at 6' 8", and a hard hat is just what I need to really jack
myself up against it. What's worse is that with the lid on, you can't
see above as well, so you don't anticipate it.

I wear a helmet riding a bike, tho. I'm not too cool to be safe in
every environment.

I was thinking with this much area, I'd want to spray on the mud. I
have a hopper for that. Maybe I should work up a couple samples to show
the client. (Good idea, Cal)

Also have a long, 22" drywall blade on a long handle that could do the
knockdown from the ground easily. I can touch the 8-1/2 ceiling from
the ground with the edges of my normal knives, but then I'm at my full
extension, so I like to get to where my head is just below the ceiling.
--
Cal