Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Another cooling tower down at Thorpe Marsh power station

The Other Mike wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 19:04:05 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

I was supposed to be there (AFAIK they are keeping the dates and
times of when they drop them a secret) to stop the public gathering
around but I do have the dates and times of when they are dropping
them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vmRuPt_pY8

Looks like Tower 2B the one adjacent to the last one they felled (is
it the one at the end of the row of four, furthest north west?)

Best I could do mate (I was driving a trackered van so I could not go round
the back)

Yes It was the adjacent cooling tower that was downed.

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=100_0876.jpg
http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=100_0875.jpg
http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=100_0874.jpg
http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=100_0873.jpg

Is the timescale for the remaining towers a bit more hurried than the
first two?

Anyone wanting the next one down details will have to email me. I am not
going to make the info public. If I can find out which one is coming down
next I might be able to get quite close to it.

--
Adam