Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_5_] Rick Hughes[_5_] is offline

Default Drilling into concrete floor

On 12/06/2012 10:38, Captain Windsock wrote:
I want to drill a number of holes through the concrete floor of my
house. This is to fix some heavy equipment to the floor. I presume
there is a damp proof membrane which would be punctured.

Is this advisable to do? Would injecting some sort of silicone into the
holes make good the damp proofing? Or what is the solution to my
problem?

use resin fixed anchors and that will avoid the problem ... especially

if you don't thru drill ... floor should be at least 150mm thick ... so
a resin in anchor at 100mm deep would be the way to go.
They put far less stress on floor ... and give a better fixing