Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Average Cost For New Garage Roof?? OVERHANG GONE! ( Anthony )

On Jun 12, 7:54*pm, (MICHELLE H.) wrote:
No, there are no gutters on the garage. But we suspect that there was a
hole in the roof where the overhang was, because hornets were always
flying in and out from right above the overhang, so water must have been
getting in there!? And yes, you are correct, all the wood is absorbing
water like a sponge. I went out there today, and climbed up the the step
ladder, and felt around the roof. The roof was all soft, and my hand
almost went right through the roof, WITH EASE! The shingles crumble in
your hands, and you can break the wet wood apart with your bare fingers.

Doesn't look good!

Nor will anything inside the garage once the whole thing comes down.