Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default coats of paint

On 6/12/2012 2:40 PM, Doug wrote:
I've got a couple of rooms that have a medium to dark color (I think
brown and some navy blue stripe) and I want to paint it like a coconut
or off white color. I'm expecting 2 coats of a decent quality paint
to cover it but is it possible it could take 3 coats of paint? I
realize I'll know this once the 2 coats are on it but for now, what is
your guess?

depends upon what you're using for paint.

you might go with a primer base, tinted to 50% of your eventual eventual
color, followed by a coat of good paint.

my guess is you won't know until you get 2 coats up.