Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zenier Mark Zenier is offline

Default coax splitter replacement

In article ,
William Sommerwerck wrote:

There is also the possibilty that the little bare wire sticking out of the
cable is, shall we say, too short to perform its required duties? Have you
experimented with a better-endowed cable?

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

I've found out the hard way that having the center wire sticking out too
far from an F connector is a great way to destroy F jacks. A wire that
goes too far in will spread the two inside contacts. Tightening down
on the threaded part can apply a lot of force to the inside guts.

Mark Zenier