Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 9-story apartment building made of WOOD

-MIKE- wrote:
On 6/11/12 6:27 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 6/11/2012 6:23 PM, wrote:

I thougnt that's what the "I" in SIP stood for - - - .

That's true ... the point being that "insulation" is still
necessary regardless of which you use... whether it is the factory
built-in insulation between the exterior and interior panels of
SIPS; or added to the exterior in the field, as with CLT
construction.

Why would you need more insulation with a 6" SIP???

Are you looking for an argument, or are you just being uncommonly
thickheaded on this subject?

Whatever happens, I sure hope the architects, engineers and planners
on that project stop in here to get our advice, first, to make sure
the thing doesn't collapse, go up in flames, or succumb to oak rust.

PERFECT!

--

-Mike-