Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default 9-story apartment building made of WOOD

On 6/11/12 6:27 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 6/11/2012 6:23 PM, wrote:

I thougnt that's what the "I" in SIP stood for - - - .

That's true ... the point being that "insulation" is still necessary
regardless of which you use... whether it is the factory built-in
insulation between the exterior and interior panels of SIPS; or added to
the exterior in the field, as with CLT construction.

Why would you need more insulation with a 6" SIP???

Are you looking for an argument, or are you just being uncommonly
thickheaded on this subject?

Whatever happens, I sure hope the architects, engineers and planners on
that project stop in here to get our advice, first, to make sure the
thing doesn't collapse, go up in flames, or succumb to oak rust.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--