Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus6827 Ignoramus6827 is offline

Default What industrial air quick connects

On 2012-06-08, Tom GardnerMars@Tacks wrote:
On 6/7/2012 6:45 PM, Ignoramus29973 wrote:
We have finally hooked up our air compressor to the existing air
piping in my factory.

The bad news is that the existing connectors are either missing, or
old and leaking. I would like to replace them all with something new.
I would need, say, a dozen of them and I wanted to get something that
can last me for a while.

I prefer "industrial type" connectors, where should I buy them, thanks

What goes bad??? -the rubber seals! I made a punch and die and make a
big batch of seals every five years or so. It takes about 3 minutes to
replace the seals. There are a couple dozen in the drawer that are
ready to go so they get switched with the leakers. Most of my
connectors are over 40 years old. After closing, I'll walk around with
a can of spray paint and mark the leakers. I have about 300 in the shop.

I found that 1/8" silicone rubber sheet used for heat sealer trays works
great, I just have it on hand, something else might work better. In any
case, save your money!

Those leaks cost you a huge amount of money!!!!!!!!!!1

It's a constant battle, like having a phantom employee. The fixtures
get hit, bent, pulled, smashed and every other form of physical abuse.ry it all.
We just keep on top. Also, the Quincys slowly get carbon in their
valves and work harder and harder. Every month we pull the HP exhaust
and clean them. Air IS expensive but sure is handy!

I can sell you a 25 HP Palatek compressor with only 6k hours.

Right now it is wired for 230, but can be easily converted to 460, I
have the overload.

It only takes 10 hp to run the shop. Actually, the 7.5 hp Hydrovane
will just carry it. Any time we have greater than a 50% duty cycle we
get very serious about finding the issue.

This is nice. We also have a 10HP Quincy QR-25. We just about finished
to set up compressed air. We added an aftercooler from a scrapped tow
behind compressor. We put it between the compressor and the air dryer,
to improve efficiency of the dryer and to reduce costs. I had a panel
of 110v fans that we put on that aftercooler.