Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need some creative ideas

On Jun 11, 4:03*pm, "John Grabowski" wrote:
Remodeling kitchen, the sink faced an interior wall. Shortening up a
window, then intend to place sink under it. *Will have plenty of lighting,
putting 8 LED can lights. However, want to place a pendant light
_centered_ over sink. *The bottom cord of a truss sits almost smack dab in
the center of the window.

How can I mount an electrical box on the bottom of the cord & hide it?
Was checking out medallions, can't seem to find one for the application I
need.

*You can mount a pancake box right on the bottom of the truss and it will be
flush with the finished ceiling.

If you haven't already done so, I suggest that you check the lumen output of
the LED recessed lights compared to halogen or regular incandescent. *Upon
request I have installed LED recessed light trims in 6" cans and the light
output has always been disappointing. *They appear to be equivalent to a 60
watt incandescent bulb.

The OP said he/she wanted to put in a pendant lamp, as far as I know,
that means hanging down from the ceiling, not recessed.