Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Can a "weed-and-feed" product save a weedy lawn?

On 6/11/2012 5:48 PM, gonjah wrote:

Pull your weeds or mow them.

Follow-on to previous...I just used the lot calculator at
www.findlotsize.com to see just what we're mowing---what we call the
"inside" yard around the house that do water at least enough to keep
alive and treat as a lawn area is just under 1A. That's quite a lot of
hand weeding when the wind blows all the way from Austin to Saskatchewan
w/o a thing to stop it...

The machine lots and area around the barns, elevator, feedlots, etc.,
etc., that keep mowed for to not to have to fight the worst of the weeds
is about 14A. Outside that for fire break I keep another area mowed
short during dry weather that's about another 20A.