Posted to alt.home.repair
Molly Brown[_2_] Molly Brown[_2_] is offline

Default Consumer Reports

On Jun 11, 11:19*am, "Doug" wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 07:28:57 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown

wrote:
On Jun 11, 3:02*am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 22:28:24 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown

wrote:
On Jun 10, 9:14*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Molly Brown wrote:
Why does Consumer Reports does not have Hilti for tools or Speed Queen
for appliences in their surveys?

Hi,
I believe they are not consumer grade stuffs.

It’s not even on the list as I see it:

http://web.consumerreports.org/dryer...EY=SM72A00&CMP...

If they’re not consumer grade then are they commercial grade, and if
so, isn’t that better?

Sure, but did you notice the name of the publication is CONSUMER
Reports.

Merriam Webster

Consumer: one that utilizes economic goods.

Think consumer vs. commercial grade. *Usually there is a distinction
between them. * And I believe commercial is always higher in price
which makes most consumers go toward the consumer grade items. *Of
course if you are willing to pay more, I think in most (not sure if
all) cases you can buy the commercial grade.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/consumer

Do you consider this high price?:

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CKcBEPMCMAE