Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 9-story apartment building made of WOOD

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 18:27:32 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 6/11/2012 6:23 PM, wrote:

I thougnt that's what the "I" in SIP stood for - - - .

That's true ... the point being that "insulation" is still necessary
regardless of which you use... whether it is the factory built-in
insulation between the exterior and interior panels of SIPS; or added to
the exterior in the field, as with CLT construction.

Why would you need more insulation with a 6" SIP???

Are you looking for an argument, or are you just being uncommonly
thickheaded on this subject?

Uncommonly - perhaps. Around here, in Soutwestern Ontario, I've seen
6" SIP construction where that was basically all the insulation used,
and required. (except for the attic)