Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Is it legal to lock a main breaker box?

On Jun 11, 12:54*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 09:58:43 -0400, George
wrote:

If utility workers pull them under load as in the case of a meter
swapout they install jumpers on the horn bypass tabs or close the less
common internal bypass switch on the meter base.

Nope, they just yank them. I watched the guy do mine and 2 neighbors.

I have pulled a meter several times. its no biggie at all.

one for a broken fuse stuck in its socket, one for upgrading the main
panel, it needed a extra ground bar and tighten some loose stuff, one
had a fried breaker and i didnt want any power at the main.

i called the power company after each one was complete and the power
company didnt care....

they just resealed the meter when they got around to it